Lauren-Jane du Toit (Bartholomew), RD (SA) ,completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics at the University of Stellenbosch. Thereafter she did her community service year at the Port Alfred Public-Private Hospital in the Eastern Cape.
Lauren has a passion for working with people and helping them achieve their goals. Seeing a smile on her patients’ faces makes her day! She has a passion and love for food. Always thinking about the next meal, what’s on the menu and what the combination is going to be?
Lauren has been in private practice since beginning of 2012 and just celebrated her 10 years service in private practice! She is a mom to 2 busy boys, ages 6 and 2 years ,so she understands the high demands on life to be healthy and stay active as well as spend time with family. She loves exercising with fellow moms and enjoys coffee dates (when there is spare time 😄)
Lauren has a special interest in heling individuals with achieving a healthier lifestyle through losing weight, making better decisions and developing a healthier relationship with food through mindful eating principles
Lauren is also registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as well as the Association of Dietetics South Africa (ADSA) and attends continuous education programmes and reads articles to stay abreast with the latest and upcoming research in nutrition.
She is involved in private corporate wellness days and does extensive individual dietary assessments and meal plans. Lauren operates from 2 offices- Durbanville and Panorama Intercare.
Make an Appointment
We provide a variety of services in the Dietetics field to suit your individual needs.
Please note - We do not support the LCHF/Banting lifestyle.
We offer a very popular 8 and 12 week weight loss package which includes:
- These rates are for 2022 only
- An initial 1 hour consultation
- Individualised 7 day meal plan (big variety) to get you going
- 4 or 6 follow-up's every 2 weeks
- Necessary changes/ alterations can be made throughout the programme
- 8 weeks: R2460 (2- weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R3100 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 8 weeks: R3400 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R4300 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- Monitoring programme (No meal plan- just guidelines to apply)
- 8 weeks:R1930 / 12 weeks: R2570
- 8 weeks : R2700 / 12 weeks : R3600
- We can also claim from your medical aid savings account according to your schemes rates - These rates will be more than rates above
- Discount is offered to join for another 8 or 12 weeks
- Couples packages available - see above
Vitality nutritional assessments
- We are registered on the Discovery Vitality network (Please book your appointment BEFORE 15 december!!)
- Discovery members can earn 1000 points per annum R450 pp cash or card. This is a body composition analysis and dietary advice session based on info given during the consultation
- Individualised meal plans are done at an additional charge according to the practice rates
- Diabetes (type 2)
- Gestational diabetes
- Pre-Diabetes Or insulin Resistance
- Gastrointestinal problems (IBS/ intolerances/hernia/diverticulitis)
- Arthritis & gout
- High blood pressure & cholesterol
- Renal failure (depending what stage and treatment is given)
- Oncology (symptomatic treatment)
- Nutrition during and after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Home visits are offered if patient is bed-bound
This practice is linked to all major medical aids in South Africa.
Consultations and meal plans can be claimed directly on your behalf according to your schemes rates, provided you have a medical aid savings portion.
Cash payments are slightly lower than medical aid rates. We do have card facilities available.
For more enquiries regarding fees, please contact us.
Lauren du Toit 0726746981