Lauren-Jane du Toit (Bartholomew), RD (SA) ,completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics at the University of Stellenbosch. Thereafter she did her community service year at the Port Alfred Public-Private Hospital in the Eastern Cape.
Lauren has a passion for working with people and helping them achieve their goals. Seeing a smile on her patients’ faces makes her day! She has a passion and love for food. Always thinking about the next meal, what’s on the menu and what the combination is going to be?
Lauren has been in private practice since beginning of 2012 and is enjoying it thoroughly! She is a mom to a busy boy, and expecting baby Number 2 in May 2019,so she understands the high demands on life to be healthy and stay active as well as spend time with family.
Lauren is also registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as well as the Association of Dietetics South Africa (ADSA) and attends continuous education programmes and reads articles to stay abreast with the latest and upcoming research in nutrition.
She is involved in private corporate wellness days and does extensive individual dietary assessments and meal plans. Lauren now operates from 2 offices- Durbanville and Panorama Intercare.
Lauren will be inviting a new locum DIetitian to her team as from May 2019 to cover her Maternity leave till September. Please note- Only registered and competent Dietitians are hired at this practice
Make an Appointment
We provide a variety of services in the Dietetics field to suit your individual needs.
Please note - We do not support the LCHF/Banting lifestyle.
We offer a very popular 8 and 12 week weight loss package which includes:
- These rates are for 2019 only
- An initial 1 hour consultation
- Individualised meal plan
- 4 or 6 follow-up's every 2 weeks OR NEW program offering weekly weigh-ins for 8 or 12 weeks
- Necessary changes/ alterations can be made throughout the programme
- 8 weeks: R2600 (weekly weigh-in)/ R2400 (2- weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R3400 (weekly weigh-in )/ R2800 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 8 weeks: R3710 (Weekly weigh-in) /R2910 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 12 weeks: R4910 (weekly weigh-in)/ R3710 (2 weekly weigh-in)
- 8 weeks: R1940; 12 weeks R2440
- We can also claim from your medical aid savings account according to your schemes rates - These rates will be more than rates above
- Discount is offered to join for another 8 or 12 weeks
- Couples packages available - please contact for details
- Also offer a monitoring service for 8 or 12 weeks, excluding a meal plan
Vitality nutritional assessments
- We are registered on the Discovery Vitality network
- NEW - Starting in March earn up to 11 050 points on the Discovery weight loss program
- Discovery members can earn 1000 points per annum - R360pp
- Individualised meal plans are done at an additional charge according to the practice rates
- Earn extra points by doing the Discovery weight loss program R390pp
- Diabetes (type 1 and 2)
- Gestational diabetes
- Gastrointestinal problems (IBS/ intolerances/hernia/diverticulitis)
- Arthritis & gout
- High blood pressure & cholesterol
- Renal failure
- Nutrition during and after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Home visits are offered if patient is bed-bound
This practice is linked to all major medical aids in South Africa.
Consultations and meal plans can be claimed directly on your behalf according to your schemes rates, provided you have a medical aid savings portion.
Cash payments are slightly lower than medical aid rates. We do have card facilities available.
For more enquiries regarding fees, please contact us.
Lauren du Toit 0726746981